Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My "Unfavorite" Thing

In a few weeks from now, Mark and I will fly off to Hawaii to celebrate our 30th Anniversary! We didn't know if the family budget could withstand a 6-day island getaway, but, not running the A/C even when it's 92 degrees does have a payoff! Anyway, as I was looking at some pictures from our 25th anniversary trip, I realized I still have the same swimsuit. Much to my dismay, I decided I probably should "update" swimwear. With much fear and trepidation, I made my trek to Roseville....the shopping Mecca of Northern California. With some Kohl's 15 percent Off Coupons in hand, I made my way to the swimwear section. A lady who must have been 85 years old commented: "Don't you hate swimsuit shopping? And when you finally find one you like, you jump in the pool and couple of times and the chlorine fades it!" That wasn't my biggest problem...my hangup was trying to find a suit that made a 54 year-old mother of three look 35 again! The first thing that's depressing about this whole ordeal is that a woman must get a swimsuit at least two sizes bigger than her dress size. So, normally I wear a 4...now I had to jump into the double-digit size arena....that pretty much ruined my day. Then, you have to look for a suit that makes your tummy flat but doesn't make your boobs flat. You also have to make sure you don't look like an old lady. One suit was really cute, but it had horizontal stripes...definitely a "no-no". Black is always a good choice because it is slimming....but I have had a black swimsuit since beginning swimming lessons in 1963. I finally ended up with a halter -top cut tankini in a hot pink and black print. Oh, well, if it makes me look fat I'll just wrap my Brazilian sarong around my lower body and no one will ever know:)

No comments:

Post a Comment